The Moron of the Day (2) award goes to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (I’ve omitted part of his email to protect him from the ridicule of his peers)
… for leaving me the following comment on a furious post I wrote about the CA Supreme Court justices being threatened with a recall if they overturn Proposition 8:
Well if any of the supremes donated money to the support proposition 8, they have already been targeted by the blacklist going around. The conservatives are furious as well. The will of the people voted across America. Not one of these prop 8 bills passed in any part of the country this election cycle. And thank goodness Barack seems to support our side: http://butasforme.com/2008/11/21/obama-will-repeal-dont-ask-dont-tell/
Where to start? (God this is fun!)
1. Princeton? LOL. Damn Ivys are overrated. Give me a good ol’ UC education any day.
2. Apparently, Princeton does not require basic instruction on how the American political system works. Here’s a link (to a site for elementary school teachers) on how Supreme Courts work, and why the “word of the people” is not always the final word.
3. Justices giving money to Prop 8? What in the hell are you talking about? What blacklist? Watch much X-Files? You don’t need a blacklist to find out who donated money, the list is public. All you need is an Internet connection to find it. And, if justices ruling on Prop 8 donated money, to either the Yes or No campaigns, of course they should be recalled, but who said anything about that? Jeez.
But wait, it gets better, a lot better.
4. Here’s the best part:
And thank goodness Barack seems to support our side: http://butasforme.com/2008/11/21/obama-will-repeal-dont-ask-dont-tell/
The link he provided me with, to prove his point, took me to a document (I didn’t even know about!!!!) outlining the multitude of ways Barack Obama intends to fight discrimination against the LGBT community in the United States. Including:
- Repealing “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”, allowing gays to serve openly in the military,
- Supporting full rights, including federal for same sex couples, and,
- OPPOSING A CONSTITUTIONAL BAN ON SAME-SEX MARRIAGE (which is what Proposition 8 is, you moron).